2020 Miracle Ride Canceled
Dear Miracle Ride Supporters,
We are disappointed to announce that the Miracle Ride will not take place in 2020 though we are excited to share some other opportunities for motorcyclists to continue to assist Riley Hospital for Children. We are also already working to ensure that the 28th annual Miracle Ride to benefit Riley Hospital for Children in 2021 is the most special and memorable ever.
The Miracle Ride has always been the optimum opportunity for the generous motorcycle community of Indiana, and the surrounding area, to annually support the miracles that are made every day at Riley Hospital. Unfortunately, events beyond our control have led us to make this extremely difficult decision.
The Miracle Ride had already been postponed to the end of August because of the global pandemic. This rescheduling created many issues with facilities and activities. We want the Miracle Ride to remain a special and memorable event for all who participate. However, with the current set of circumstances, it will be extremely difficult to deliver the traditional Miracle Ride experience.
To protect the kids at Riley Hospital, children would not have been able to safely participate or watch the bikes rumble past.
Given these extremely unusual circumstances, the Miracle Ride Board of Directors met and made the difficult decision that the wisest course of action would be to cancel the Miracle Ride this year. We truly believe that Bikers are the kindest, the most generous, and the most patriotic group of people. We know that the Miracle Ride Riders truly want to support Riley Hospital for Children, so we are sharing some other ways we can raise money for Riley's precious patients.
- Donate Your Registration: We are happy to carry forward your registration for next year's ride but encourage you think about whether you are able to donate it instead. If you would like to carry your registration forward, please email us at email@example.com by August 30, 2020. If we do not hear from you, we will generously use your registration fees as a donation to Riley. If you hadn't yet paid your registration and want to donate, you can make a gift online.
- Bid at Our Online Auction: We will be moving our auction online in late August, so you can still bid on all the great items. We will share more information as we get closer to making the auction go live. If you have anything that you wish to donate, please contact Bill Kingery at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please keep an eye on this site.
- Buy Tickets for MotoAmerica: The Miracle Ride Foundation has teamed up with MotoAmerica for their motorcycle races on October 9-11th, 2020 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. MotoAmerica is offering special ticket packages, which include discounts on gate admission, parking, and motorcycle track laps. In addition, each Sunday ticket includes a breakfast and a donation to Riley Hospital for Children via the Miracle Ride Foundation. For more information, go to www.ims.com/miracleride.
- Enjoy Cookies For A Cause: Donatos is still selling their delicious Cheryl's Buttercream cookies for a $1 donation or 6 cookies for only a $5 donation.
- Bid on Sports Memorabilia: Community Auctions has teamed up with the Miracle Ride and they have displays set-up throughout central Indiana at various hotels and restaurants where they are auctioning high-end sports memorabilia. Community Auctions is donating 25% of their proceeds to the Miracle Ride Foundation.
Our responsibility is to make sure our event does what is best for the health and safety of our Miracle Ride Riders and, most importantly, the kids at Riley Hospital. We promise you that we will resume with even greater energy and dedication for next year's Miracle Ride, which we are planning on holding the weekend of June 5-6, 2021. In the meantime, please support our tremendous sponsors and please stay safe.